JOYSTICK MIDI CONTROLLER/LFO – FALL 2015
Few synth/samplers/drum machine are missing a joystick controller: here is a smart one. It is Arduino based and use a Midi shield designed by e-licktronic with an OLED screen (128×64) and a PlayStation-like joystick. Very minimalist but yet efficient.
- Each axis (X+, X-,Y+,Y-) can be programmed with their own CC, midi channel, Max value and minimum value.
- A LFO/ 8 step CC sequencer with speed up to 200 x tempo.
- The joystick is also a push button that allow to navigate between the operation mode, the LFO mode and the setup mode.
- You can set up and save up to 16 different configuration and recall them
- Very user-friendly interface.
This is currently a prototype made of cardboard. A nicer box (probably acrylic) is under study.
It works especially well with Elektron AR performances setting, even if you can do more traditional thing with a single CC# (pitch, tremolo, FX…).
Cost: This proto cost around 60/70$
– Program Change implementation.
- Arduino code: WORK IN PROGRESS
- Enclosure drawing (acrylic 3mm): WORK IN PROGRESS
- QUICK Manual: WORK IN PROGRESS